* “Superb it’s like a film script” – SAROJ P… in London
* “A very thoughtful and brilliant lecture by arguably one of the best ambassadors of Sri Lanka. Congratulations Sanga” – LUKIE P… in Melbourne
* “It was brilliantly crafted and eloquently delivered. A speech of quality worthy of being delivered at the Oxford Union and of the caliber that would even be appreciated in the halls of the United Nations. A tour de force of the splendor of Sri Lanka that was inspiring, courageous and brought about cascading emotions. Island’s love affair with cricket was well illustrated and the trials and tribulations of the players and management was deftly handled. Perhaps understandably, the media chose to highlight those comments, without regard to the total context of your brilliant speech. Going forward, as you so rightly wished, I hope cricket indeed will play its part in the reconciliation of the myriad of interests and communities in Sri Lanka.” – Nandasiri J… in USA
* ‘Kumar Sangakkara proves his blade can be mighty as his words” — David Hopps in The Guardian, 6 July 2011.
* “Eight Lankans have scored hundreds at The Home of Cricket, but the greatest knock of them all was played off the pitch by Sangakkara when he delivered the annual Lecture. The handful of Lankans who were present at Lord’s on Monday, including former Board Chairman Vijaya Malalasekara, were almost in tears – the sheer brilliance of the speech proved so emotive” … Rex Clementine in the Island, 9 July 2011. Read the rest of this entry ?